Monday, March 22, 2010

Behind the Scenes of Geralds Last Day

I first met Justin and Shel Rasch at the 2007 ASIFA StopMo event and right away I could tell that they had something magical about them. After talking to them for about 30 minutes I decided to ask them if they'd be interested in being filmed for a Documentary I was working on about Stop Motion Animators which is called "In the Shadows of Light". Recently I decided to take a new approach to the documentary and the follow up docs. So this left a void as to what to do with the footage I shot of Justin and Shel in 2008. So with some quick editing and a click or two of the mouse I am happy to let the world see the interview from 2008 where Justin and Shel take me behind the scenes of their award winning Stop Motion Film "Geralds Last Day".

It has been a huge success in the festival circuit and Justin and Shel are now moved on to a new project. As for the Documentary I was working on. Well it's still a go.... but since the approach is different it will be a lot easier and faster to make. Also be a lot more informative.

Anyway, here's Part 1 and 2 of the Geralds Last Day - Behind the Scenes:




1 comment: